Parliament will dissolve on Monday 30 March, at which point there will be no MPs until after the General Election.
During his time as the Member of Parliament for Brighton Kemptown and Peacehaven during the last parliamentary session between May 2010 – March 2015, Simon has been very active in Parliament through a variety of activities, including:
- speaking in debates
- tabling written parliamentary questions
- debating leglislation on deligated legislative committees
- serving on the Business, Innovation and Skills select committee
- asking oral questions of Ministers in the chamber
- working with the All Party Parliamentary Group for HIV/AIDS and other APPGs
- introducing a Private Members' Bill aimed at clamping down on Blue Badge fraud - the Bill successfully passed into law
- attending parliamentary events run by charities and organisations
- meeting with constituents lobbying Parliament
- taking constituents on tours of Parliament
Additionally Simon worked as the Parliamentary Private Secretary to Rt Hon. Jeremy Hunt MP, the Secretary of State for Health and is the Vice Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group on HIV/AIDS.
You can read more about Simon's work in Parliament and his voting record here: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/simon_kirby/brighton,_kemptown